A new report, issued the same day the latest round of global climate negotiations opened in Peru, highlights the fracking industry's slow expansion into nearly every continent, drawing attention not only to the potential harm from toxic pollution, dried-up water supplies and earthquakes, but also to the threat the shale industry poses to the world's climate.
The report, issued by Friends of the Earth Europe, focuses on the prospects for fracking in 11 countries in Africa, Asia, North...
Albert F. Jacobs
Stance on Climate Change
“…to this day, there is no scientific proof that human-caused C02 is the main cause of global warming.” 
“It should be realized that 'human-caused global warming' is a dogma that underlies 'Kyoto'. It has never been proven.” 
Jacobs wrote a complaint (PDF) to the CBC regarding their broadcast of “An Inconvenient Truth,” describing it as a “propaganda video.”
The declaration suggests that no action should be taken to curb climate change and that “human-caused climate change is not a global crisis.”
1. Global climate change is constant throughout history.
2. Humans have contributed CO2, but there is no correlation between global temperatures and atmospheric CO2.
3. Global warming temperature models are flawed.
4. Climate change is natural.
- Albert F. Jacobs and Gerrit van der Lingen, “The Dutch and the Sea Level Rise” (PDF), De Krant, February 2011. Republished by the Friends of Science.
This article argues that global warming has no affect on sea levels, and that estimates by the UN IPCC on rising sea levels were “uncertain and politically motivated projections” as well as “unnecessarily alarming.”
- “If Kyoto is so Flawed, Why do so Many Scientists and Politicians Support it?” (PDF). National Citizens Coalition, July 2007. Republished by Friends of Science.
“If Kyoto is so Flawed, Why do so Many Scientists and Politicians Support it?” (PDF), National Citizens Coalition, July 2007. Republished by Friends of Science.
“In the beginning: Friends of Science, Talisman Energy and the de Freitas brothers,” Deep Climate, December 2, 2009.
Charles Montgomery. “Mr. Cool,” Globe and Mail, August 12, 2006. Republished at charlesmontgomery.ca.
“QUALIFIED ENDORSERS NOT AT CONFERENCE,” International Climate Science Coalition. Accessed January, 2012.
“CSPG BACKGROUNDER TO GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE” (PDF), friendsofginandtonic.org.