The number of anti-science decisions the federal government has made in recent years is staggering: axing the...
In a recent call-in portion on an Ottawa late-night call-in show, Tom Harris, executive director of the energy industry front group, the Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP), offers up some laughable quotes:
Harris: “There was 100 people that appeared in the [government of Canada's] Clean Air Act hearings that just wrapped up and I went through the list and there wasn't a single doubter out of 100 people, that was questioning the science of climate change.”
The NRSP is a coalition whose leadership includes about half of the last handful of climate scientists of note who reject global warming as a “myth.”
Ironically, they realize their position is so out of the mainstream, they have to use a name that not only belies their true purpose but in fact implies they are environmentalists.
R. Timothy Patterson
- Ph.D., Geology, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), 1986.
- B.A., Geology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, N.S., 1983.
- B.Sc., Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, 1980.
Rob K Scagel
- M.Sc. (Botany). 
Rob Scagel is listed as the “principal consultant” for a company called Pacific Phytometric Consultants based in Surrey, BC, Canada.
Numerous sources describe Scagel as a “forest microclimate specialist.”
Lee C. Gerhard
- Ph.D., Geology. University of Kansas, 1964.
- M.S., Paleontology minor. University of Kansas, 1961.
- B.S., Geology. Syracuse University, 1958.