California Governor Jerry Brown used the occasion of his fourth inaugural address to propose an ambitious new clean energy target for the state: 50% renewable energy by 2030.
“We are at a crossroads,” Brown said in announcing the proposal, according to Climate Progress. “The challenge is to build for the future, not steal from it, to live within our means and to keep California ever golden and creative.”
Already the leader in installed solar...
- Doctor of Natural Science (RNDr.), Charles University, Prague, (1953). 
According to an interview with Kukla on the program “Truthquest” at KHENLPFM Radio (June 29, 2010), he received his doctorate in 1971 at Charles University as opposed to 1953.
George Kukla is a micropalentologist and Special Research Scientist at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University. Kukla was an early believer of global cooling and has been described as a “pioneer in the study of solar forcing of climate changes.” 
Kukla has been quoted in the early 70s in articles discussion the potential for global cooling ,  In the 1980s, Kukla also released research that suggested a global warming trend,  but has since reverted to the view that a future ice age is likely. 
He was the lead author of a paper that first supported Milutin Milankovic's theory of glacial cycles by investigating the stratigraphy in deep-sea sediment cores from the southern Indian Ocean.
In his paper he wrote, “We are certain now that changes in the Earth's orbital geometry caused the ice ages. The evidence is so strong that other explanations must now be discarded or modified.”
Stance on Climate Change
“The only thing to worry about global warming is the damage that can be done by worrying. Why are some scientists worried? Perhaps because they feel that to stop worrying may mean to stop being paid.” 
“I feel we're on pretty solid ground in interpreting orbit around the sun as the primary driving force behind ice-age glaciation. The relationship is just too clear and consistent to allow reasonable doubt…”
“What I think is this: Man is responsible for a PART of global warming. MOST of it is still natural.” 
May 18, 2010
- Senator Inhofe — Appears on Inhofe's list of skeptical scientists, and was quoted by the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works. 
- Battelle and Bechtel — Past senior research scientist and consultant on climatology, satellitemeteorology, and nuclear waste isolation (PDF). 
In addition to the following publications, Kukla is described as the co-author of a chapter in the book “Natural Climate Variability on Decade to Century Time Scales” published by the National Research Council.
- Marc S. Plantico, Thomas R. Karl, George Kukla, and Joyce Gavin. “Is Recent Climate Change Across the United States Related to Rising Levels of Anthropogenic Greenhouse Gases?” Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 95, No. D10 (1990), P. 16,617-16,637.
- T.R. Karl et al. “Global warming: Evidence for asymmetric diurnal temperature change.” Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 18, No. 12 (1991), P. 2253-2256, 1991.
- T.R. Karl, H.F. Diaz, G. Kukla. “Urbanization: Its Detection and Effect in the United States Climate Record” (PDF). Journal of Climate, Volume 1, November 1988. P. 1099 - 1123.
- George Kukla. “Missing link between Milankovitch and climate.” Nature, Volume 253, Issue 5493 (1975), p. 600-603.
- George Kuklaa and Václav Cílekb. “Plio-Pleistocene megacycles: record of climate and tectonics.” Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, Volume 120, Issues 1-2 (February, 1996), Pages 171-194.
- Kukla et al. “Last Interglacial Climates.” Quaternary Research, Volume 58, Issue 1 (July 2002), p. 2-13.
- George Kukla. “Long continental records of climate — An introduction.” Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, Volume 72 (1989), P. 1-9.
- B.G. Liepert, G. Kukla. “Decline in Global Solar Radiation with Increased Horizontal Visibility in Germany between 1964 and 1990.” J. Climate, Vol 10, p. 2391–2401.
- George Kukla and Alois Koci. “End of the last interglacial in the loess record.” Quaternary Research, Vol 2, Issue 3 (November, 1972), P. 374-383.
“George Jiri Kukla — Curriculum vitae and selected bibliography” (PDF). Geolines (Praha), 2 (1995).
“Directory of Faculty and Staff,” The Earth Institute, Columbia University. Accessed January, 2012.
“Scientists Ask why World Climate Is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead” (PDF), New York Times, May 21, 1975.
“The Cooling World” (PDF), Newsweek, April 28, 1975.
Robert Reinhold. “EVIDENCE IS FOUND OF WARMING TREND,” New York Times, October 19, 1981.
“An Unrepentant Prognosticator,” Gelf Magazine, April 24, 2007.
4th International Conference on Climate Change Program (PDF). Accessed January, 2012, from uhaweb.hartford.edu.
Marc Morano. “U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007,” U,S, Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works, December 20, 2007.
“Scientist Predicts New Ice Age.” The New American, March 30, 2011.
“Despite Global Warming, Scientists Say to Expect Another Ice Age—In 5,000 Years.” Columbia University Record, February 25, 2000.