Make private companies happy. Don’t worry about the environment. Stop fretting about long-term sustainability. Forget renewables, property concerns, the safety of our water and air. Make private companies happy.
This was the 43rd president's message to the current administration at the DUG East conference held by the shale gas industry on Thursday.
With characteristic bluntness, George W. Bush spoke his mind on energy policy to several thousand oil and gas executives gathered in Pittsburgh at an exclusive luncheon on Wednesday.
"I think the goal of...
- Background in Business Journalism. 
Gunter Ederer is a film producer and business journalist in Germany. He worked with ZDF (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen), a German television broadcaster based in Mainz, as well as at Far East SDF from 1984 to 1990. He now works independently, and published seven books between 1991 and 2001, as well as a number of movies. 
Stance on Climate Change
Gunter Ederer attended a climate meeting which resulted in The Heiligenroth Climate Manifesto. The first line states that there "is no proven influence on the climate by man-made emissions of CO2." 
"Unlike the trillions of the national debt, of which no one knows how they will ever be repaid, the idiots have already been determined who will have to pay [100 billion Euros] for the 'sun world': Us electricity customers. It is one of the secrets of the conservative parties, which now and again still use the word 'market economy', why they are so silent about the subsidies for solar power. And it is one of the secrets of the Left, why they don't rally against this exploitation of vulnerable people in favour of house and land owners." 
"We need a strong state to compete in a free market sets the rules, monitors compliance with these rules, but otherwise out stops." 
Gunter Ederer was a speaker (PDF) at the Eighth International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC-8)/Fifth International Conference on Climate and Energy (ICCE-5) sponsored by both the Heartland Institute and the European Institute for Climate and Energy (EIKE). Teluk's speech is titled "'Germany’s new Energy Concept and its Cost for the Consumer." 
Published "Dream on, Germany!" (Träum weiter, Deutschland!), a book in which he criticized Germany's "orthodoxy" in areas such as education, climate change, and national debt. In his book, Ederer describes prominent climate change skeptic Fred Singer as a "highly respected scientist" on climate change issues. 
Ederer wrote an open letter to Michael Kauch, environmental spokesman and German politician of the Free Democratic Party in the German Bundestag. Gunter states that the IPCC had been "manipulated," that the IPCC's results on climate change were "based on simple amateur essays alone" and serve only the purpose of "scaremongering." 
December 3 - 4, 2010
Gunter Ederer presented at the Third International Climate Conference in Berlin, organized by the European Institute for Climate and Energy (EIKE), the Berlin Manhattan Institute and Haus der Zukunft. His presentation was titled "The green-energy lobby and its politico- economical consequences." Video of his presentation available here. 
September 15, 2007
Attended the "2nd Climate Meeting" at Heiligenroth, an event designed "to initiate processes against daily campaigns of media and politics concerning climate." The following "Heiligenroth Climate Manifesto" was developed from the event (Gunter is listed as a signatory): 
- There is no proven influence on the climate by man-made emissions of CO2.
- Scenarios for future climate change derived from computer models are speculative and contradicted by climate history.
- There has been climate change at all times of Earth history, with alternating cold and warm phases.
- The trace gas CO2 does not pollute the atmosphere. CO2 is an essential resource for plant growth and therefore a precondition for life on Earth.
- We commit ourselves to the effective preservation of our environment and support arrangements to prevent unnecessary stress to ecosystems.
- We strongly warn against taking action under the assumption of an imminent climate catastrophe which will not be beneficial for our environment and will cause economic damage.
European Institute for Climate and Energy (EIKE) — Speaker at EIKE conference.
Friedrich August von Hayek Society — Member.
- Dream on Germany / Träum weiter Deutschland. (March, 2011).
- The longing for a dishonest world / Die Sehnsucht nach einer verlogenen Welt(2000/2002). Co-author.
- The customer is king / Der Kunde ist König (1998). Günter Ederer and Lothar J. Seiwert.
- The legacy of egoists / Das Erbe der Egoisten(1995). Günter Ederer and Peer Ederer.
- The victory of capitalism heavenly / Der Sieg des himmlischen Kapitalismus (1996, 1998). Günter Ederer and Jürgen Franzen.
- The faint smile of the victor / Das leise Lächeln des Siegers (March, 1994).
"Biography Günter Ederer," Guenter-ederer.de. Accessed November 24, 2012.
"The Heiligenroth Climate Manifesto,"Klimamanifest-von-heiligenroth.de
"GUNTER EDERER: THOUGHTS ON SOLAR POWER FROM THE RAIN-COUNTRY," Fuldaer Zeitung, 21 January 2012. Republished (translated by Philipp Mueller) at the Global Warming Policy Foundation. Original PDF here.
"Born in Fulda Günter Ederer illuminated every 14 days, the current economic events. Today: 'Erhard must return to the textbooks'," Fuldaer Zeitung, March 10, 2009. Translated with Google.
"8th International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC-8): V International Conference on Climate and Energy (ICCE-5). Hotel Bayerischer Hof, Munich, November 30 – December 1, 2012" (PDF) retrieved from eike-klima-energy.eu on November, 2012.
Silvio Duwe. "Fascist tendencies everywhere," Telepolis, March 15, 2011. Translated with Google.
"Star TV journalist Ederer writes open letter to FDP Bundestag Kauch Klimapolitk for the FDP!", EIKE, February 26, 2010. Translated with Google.
"International Conference on Energy and Climate: 3 – 4 December 2010, Berlin" (PDF), Berlin Manhattan Institute. Retrieved November 24, 2012.
"History of the Climate Meetings at Heiligenroth," Klklimamanifest-von-heiligenroth.de., September, 2007.
"The Family Business - ASU," Lobbypedia.
"Günter Ederer," IMDB.
"Günter Ederer," Wikipedia.