Instituto Liberdade is an independent Brazilian non-profit think tank based in Tecnopuc, Porto Alegre, in Southern Brazil. Instituto Liberdade began as "Instituto Liberal do Rio Grande do Sul" in 1986 and was renamed Instituto Liberdade on May 11, 2004. 
Instituto Liberdade describes its purpose (PDF) as to "foster the research, creation, and dissemination of educational and cultural assets displaying the advantages to all individuals of an organized society, based on the principles of individual rights, of limited and representative government, of respect for private property rights, contracts, and the free initiative. It supports multi-disciplinary theorists and intellectual entrepreneurs who endeavor to produce analyses or policy recommendations. It supports the rule of law, government decentralization, the free-market economy, and cultural freedom according to the principles of the Austrian School of Economics." 
Stance on Climate Change
The Instituto Liberdade does not list an official statement regarding its stance on climate change. It has published exclusively skeptical news articles from numerous think tanks that dismiss the existence of man-made climate change.
According to their website, Instituto Liberdade is funded primarily by private contributions of individuals and institutions. 
Board of Directors
- Henri Siegert Chazan — President. Member of Mont Pèlerin Society.
- Margaret Tse — CEO and Public Policy Expert. Member of Mont Pèlerin Society.
- Mathias K. Rodrigues — Chief Finance Officer.
- Daniela Tumelero — Vice President.
- Leandro Gostisa —Vice President.
- Jorge Antônio Dib — Vice President.
- Paulo Uebel — Vice President.
- Ricardo Santos Gomes — Vice President - NEVM.
- Claudio Teitelbaum — Vice-President.
- Gustavo Lepnitz Ene — Vice-President.
- André Buneder — Vice-President.
- Gabriel Barbosa — Vice-President.
- Emiliano Gasque Rosenfield — Vice-President.
- Ademar Xavier
- Carlos Fernando Souto
- Leônidas Zelmanovitz — Member of Mont Pèlerin Society.
- André Burger
Instituto Liberdade has been a regular sponsor of the Heartland Institute's International Conferences on Climate Change. Most recently, they are a registered as a "Silver Sponsor" of the Heartland Institute's Seventh International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC7). 
Instituto Liberdade regularly republishes articles form other prominent conservative think tanks including the Heartland Institute, American Enterprise Institute, Climate Realists, The Independent Institute, the Heritage Foundation, the Atlas Economic Research Foundation, the Sustainable Development Network, the Civil Society Coalition on Climate Change, and numerous others.
- Acton Institute
- Americans for Tax Reform
- Atlas Economic Research Foundation
- Ayn Rand Institute
- Brookings Institution
- Cato Institute
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Foundation for Economic Education
- Fox News
- Free Market Foundation
- Fund for American Studies - Latin America
- Future of Freedom Foundation
- Heartland Institute/Climate Change Conference
- Heritage Foundation
- Hoover Institution
- Hudson Institute
- Independent Institute
- Institute for Humane Studies
- Institute of Economic Affairs
- International Climate Science Coalition
- International Policy Network
- Mackinac Center for Public Policy
- Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
- Mont Pelerin Society
- National Center for Policy Analysis
- Property Rights Alliance
- RAND Corporation
- Reason Foundation
- Tax Foundation
In 2004, Instituto Liberdade joined Liberal Network for Latin America - RELIAL, a network of think tanks and parties involved in research on public policies, which represents, divulges and implements ideas of classic liberalism, standing its ground in Latin America.
"About Us," Instituto Liberdade. Accessed May, 2012.
"International Conference Sponsored by the Heartland Institute" (PDF), The Heartland Institute. P. 34. Archived March 18, 2009.
"Board of Directors," Instituto Liberdade. Accessed May 11, 2012.
"Cosponsors," 7th International Conference on Climate Change. Accessed May, 2012.
"Sixth International Conference on Climate Change" (Press Release), Instituteo Liberdade, June 13, 2011.
"Co-Sponsors," 2010 International Conference on Climate Change, January 16, 2010. Archived January 24, 2010.
"Co-Sponsors," Third International Conference on Climate Change, May 29, 2009. Archived June 10, 2011.
"Co-Sponsors," The 2009 International Conference on Climate Change, February 10, 2009. Archived February 25, 2009.
"Sponsors and Partners," Instituto Liberdade. Accessed May 11, 2012.
"Instituto Liberdade," SourceWatch.
"Instituto Liberdade," Wikipedia.