The Science is Clear
The following is a list of the best resources we know of. The DeSmogBlog does not exist to argue the science of climate science – instead we leave that to people like the experts listed below.
- UK Guardian Climate Change Q and A: clear and concise explanation of what climate change is.
- IPCC: The Scientific Basis: link to the latest report issued by the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, supported by the world’s leading climatologists.
- The Royal Society - A guide to facts and fictions about climate change (PDF): a debunking of the 12 most common climate change myths.
- RealClimate: A climate change blog, run by climate scientists.
- New Scientist: “Climate Change; a guide for the perplexed.
- The Scientific Evidence is Overwhelming: not one of 928 randomly selected climate change studies disagreed with the conclusion that human behavior is to blame for the current warming.
- The Scientific Case for Human-Induced Global Warming: here's an article written by renowned author, Ross Gelbspan, that summarizes the scientific evidence on man-made climate change.
- G8 Climate Statement (PDF): here's a joint declaration on the realities of global warming signed by the heads of the chief scientific advisors for all the G8 countries (China, Canada, Brazil, Russia, United States, Japan, Italy, India, Germany).