- OPM - Harvard Business School (2000).
- Master of Commercial Law (2000).
- Master of Law with Honours (1966).
Barry Brill is a New Zealand barrister and solicitor and the former NZ Minister of Science & Technology and Minister of Energy. He is currently chairman of the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition .
The New Zealand Climate Science Coalition is a group founded by a group of climate skeptics including Vincent Gray , Gerrit van der Lingen , August Auer , Bob Carter , Warwick Hughes, and Owen McShane . The NZCSC has been accused of manipulating climate data  to hide the global warming trend in New Zealand. 
According to his resume (PDF ), he has served as the director of Perocorp Exploration Co of NZ Ltd 1982-86, NZ Broadcasting Corporation 1970-72, Wellington Hospital Board 1974-77, Wellington Savings Bank 1976-81, Open Polytech of New Zealand Inc 1999-03, and is currently director of the Manukau Institute of Technology Inc. (since 2003).
He also has associations with New Zealand energy and petroleum companies, having been on the boards of Power New Zealand Ltd and Electricity Supply Association of NZ. He has been a director of Electricity Market Co Ltd, Pacific Energy Ltd, and Petrocorp Exploration (NZ) Ltd.
Stance on Climate Change
"There are many peer-reviewed scientific studies indicating that we should blame the 1980-98 warming blip on natural cycles, clouds, oceanic cooling, cosmic rays, sunspots and other solar influences. . . . It may turn out that there is no world climate, only many local climates — and, like the weather, they may prove to be forever chaotic and unpredictable." 
"The official temperature record is wrong. The instrumental raw data correctly show that New Zealand average temperatures have remained remarkably steady at 12.6°C +/- 0.5°C for a century and a half. NIWA’s doctoring of that data is indefensible." 
July 16-17 2010
Spoke at a "Clearing the Air climate change forum " organized by the New Zealand Christian Network (visionnetwork) and Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland.
Brill argued that we should be prepared to adapt to (rather than attempt to prevent) climate change, saying  that "Farmers have adapted all over the world in all ways to changes in climate. The Dutch people have reacted to sea levels that got too high. And we can adapt." 
- New Zealand Climate Science Coalition (NZCSC)  — Chairman.
Past Chairman/president: 
- Power New Zealand Ltd (1992-97).
- E Electricity Supply Association of NZ.
- NZ Manufacturers Federation Inc (1988-91).
- Buy New Zealand Made Ltd (1989-95).
- Employers and Manufacturers Association (Northern) (1999-2001).
- Business New Zealand (Vice president, 2001- 04).
Past Director: 
- Electricity Market Co Ltd (1994-97).
- Pacific Energy Ltd (1992-97).
- Petrocorp Exploration (NZ) Ltd.
- Waitaki International Ltd (1985-90).
- Advanced Foods of NZ Ltd (1985-90).
- Hawkes Bay Farmers Meat Co Ltd (1986-90).
- Protech Engineering Ltd (1986-90).
- Supercool Industries Ltd (1986-99).
- Martha Hill Gold Mine JV (1987-90).
- Allflex Holdings Ltd (1988-89).
- Export Institute of NZ Inc (1984-87).
- Australia-New Zealand Business Council Inc (1984-89).
- Japan-New Zealand Business Council Inc (1988-92).
- NZ Employers Federation Inc (1997-2001).
- NZ Manufacturers Federation Inc (1997-2001).
- NZ Business and Industry Advisory Council Inc (1997 – 2005).
- NZ Gas Mission to UK (1980).
- Industry Mission to Pacific (1995).
According to a search of Google Scholar, Barry Brill has not published in a peer-reviewed journal on any subject.
He does not appear to have expert credibility on the subject of climate.
"SUBMISSION on The Climate Change Response (Moderated
Emissions Trading) Amendment Bill" (PDF ), New Zealand Parliament, October 13, 2009.
Tim Lambert. "New Zealand Climate Science Coalition caught lying about temperature trends ," Deltoid, November 26, 2009.
"Facts don’t support climate campaigners ." Barry Brill. The Bisborne Herald. February 26, 2010.
"Crisis in New Zealand climatology ." May 15, 2010. Quadrant Online.
"Climate change audio extracts ," New Zealand Christian Network, August 25, 2010.
"Critiquing the PM's Chief Science Advisor ." Press Release by the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition. Published in "Scoop" Independent News.
"Crisis in New Zealand climatology ." Quadrant Online. May 15, 2010.
"Barry Brill's Open Letter to Professor Gluckman. " Press Release: New Zealand Climate Science Coalition. April 29, 2010.