Instituto Liberdade (Brazil)
Instituto Liberdade (Liberty Institute) is an independent Brazilian non-profit think tank based in Tecnopuc, Porto Alegre, in Southern Brazil. Instituto Liberdade began as “Instituto Liberal do Rio Grande do Sul” in 1986 and was renamed Instituto Liberdade on May 11, 2004. 
Instituto Liberdade's stated purpose  is to “foster the research, creation, and dissemination of educational and cultural assets displaying the advantages to all individuals of an organized society, based on the principles of individual rights, of limited and representative government, of respect for private property rights, contracts, and the free initiative. ” According to it swebsite, the group “supports multi-disciplinary theorists and intellectual entrepreneurs who endeavor to produce analyses or policy recommendations. It supports the rule of law, government decentralization, the free-market economy, and cultural freedom according to the principles of the Austrian School of Economics.” 
The institute carries out studies and research, edits books and publications, organizes courses, workshops, colloquia, debates, seminars and conferences and spreads “conservative/libertarian ideas among opinion leaders in the midst of entrepreneurs, magistrates, scholars, politicians, and artists.”
Three of the Instituto Liberdade's board members are also members of the Mont Pelerin Society .
Stance on Climate Change
The Instituto Liberdade does not list an official statement regarding its stance on climate change. It regularly publishes articles by other think tanks  that question or dismiss the existence of man-made climate change, however does not often post articles or studies of its own (based on a sample of articles on its website ). 
According to their website, Instituto Liberdade is funded primarily by private contributions of individuals and institutions. 
Board of Directors
The following individuals are listed on the Instituto Liberdade's website, as of October, 2015 (it is unclear when this list was last updated): 
- Ricardo Sondermann — President
- Margaret Tse — CEO and Public Policy Expert. Member of Mont Pèlerin Society.
- Ademar Xavier — Vice President
- Daniela Tumelero — Vice President
- Emiliano Gasque Rosenfield — Vice President
- Fábio Pesavento — Vice President
- Ricardo Santos Gomes — Vice President
- Henri Siegert Chazan — President. Member of Mont Pèlerin Society .
- Mathias K. Rodrigues — Chief Finance Officer.
- Leandro Gostisa —Vice President.
- Jorge Antônio Dib — Vice President.
- Paulo Uebel — Vice President.
- Claudio Teitelbaum — Vice-President.
- Gustavo Lepnitz Ene — Vice-President.
- André Buneder — Vice-President.
- Gabriel Barbosa — Vice-President.
- Fábio Ostermann — Project Manager
- Luiz Eduardo Fração — Vice President
- Paulo Uebel
- Carlos Fernando Souto
- Leônidas Zelmanovitz — Member of the Mont Pèlerin Society
- André Burger
July 7, 2014
Instituto Liberdade was a co-sponsor of the Heartland Institute's 9th International Conference on Cilmate Chance (ICCC9) in Las Vegas, Nevada. 
May 21 - 23, 2012
June 30 - July 1, 2011
DeSmogBlog found that 17 of the 43 sponsors of the Heartland Institute's Sixth International Conference on Climate Change, including the Heartland Institute itself, had collectively received over $46 million from either Scaife Foundations , Koch Foundations , or ExxonMobil . 
August 31, 2010
Instituto Liberdade Contact & Location
As of June 2016, Instituto Liberdade listed the following contact information  on its website: 
CEP 90619-900 - Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Fone: +55(51) 3384-7158 e 3384-6893
E-mail: [email protected] 
- Civil Society Coalition on Climate Change (CSCCC) — Past Member  (the group's website is no longer live, and it is unclear if they are still in operation). 
Instituto Liberdade regularly republishes articles form other prominent conservative think tanks including the Heartland Institute , American Enterprise Institute , Climate Realists , The Independent Institute , the Heritage Foundation , the Atlas Economic Research Foundation , the Sustainable Development Network , the Civil Society Coalition on Climate Change, and numerous others.
Instituto Liberdade maintains over 300 partner organizations, blogs, and international groups. (See the attached spreadsheet for a full list of Institute Liberdade's “Partners” (.xls) . Below are some notable examples 
- Acton Institute 
- Americans for Tax Reform 
- Atlas Economic Research Foundation 
- Ayn Rand Institute 
- Brookings Institution 
- Cato Institute 
- Competitive Enterprise Institute 
- Foundation for Economic Education 
- Fox News 
- Free Market Foundation 
- Fund for American Studies - Latin America 
- Future of Freedom Foundation 
- Heartland Institute /Climate Change Conference
- Heritage Foundation 
- Hoover Institution 
- Hudson Institute 
- Independent Institute 
- Institute for Humane Studies 
- Institute of Economic Affairs 
- International Climate Science Coalition 
- International Policy Network 
- Mackinac Center for Public Policy 
- Manhattan Institute for Policy Research 
- Mont Pelerin Society 
- National Center for Policy Analysis 
- Property Rights Alliance
- RAND Corporation 
- Reason Foundation 
- Tax Foundation 
In 2004, Instituto Liberdade joined Liberal Network for Latin America  - RELIAL, a network of think tanks and parties involved in research on public policies, which represents, divulges and implements ideas of classic liberalism, standing its ground in Latin America.
“Climate Change ,” Instituto Liberdade. Accessed October 23, 2015.
“Board of Directors ,” Instituto Liberdade. Archived March 19, 2011.
“Cosponsors ,” 7th International Conference on Climate Change. Archived May 10, 2012.
Michael Fisher. “A Closer Look at Heartland's ICCC7 Denial-a-Palooza Speakers and Sponsors ,” DeSmogBlog, May 23, 2012.
Sixth International Conference on Climate Change Conference Program (PDF) , the Heartland Institute. Archived July 25, 2015.
Brendan DeMelle. “Denial-a-Palooza 6: Heartland's Sixth International Conference on Climate Change, Courtesy of Koch, Scaife & Exxon ,” DeSmogBlog, June 30, 2011.
Margaret Tse. “'Green' Subsidies Are Costly for Taxpayers and the Environment – New Study,”  Instituto Liberdade, August 31, 2010. Archived October 24, 2015. WebCite URL: http://www.webcitation.org/6cVVPwsuu 
Andrew P. Morriss, William T. Bogart, Andrew Dorchak and Roger E. Meiners. “Seven Myths About Green Jobs” (PDF) , International Policy Network, August, 2010. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmogBlog.
4th International Conference on Climate Change Conference Program (PDF) , The Heartland Institute.
Brendan DeMelle. “Denial-a-palooza Round 4: 'International Conference on Climate Change' Groups Funded by Exxon, Koch Industries ,” DeSmogBlog, May 13, 2010.
“Co-Sponsors ,” Third International Conference on Climate Change. Archived July 14, 2010.
“Co-Sponsors ,” The 2009 International Conference on Climate Change. Archived April 28, 2011.
“Instituto Liberdade ,” Atlas Network. Archived October 24, 2015.