A new report, issued the same day the latest round of global climate negotiations opened in Peru, highlights the fracking industry's slow expansion into nearly every continent, drawing attention not only to the potential harm from toxic pollution, dried-up water supplies and earthquakes, but also to the threat the shale industry poses to the world's climate.
The report, issued by Friends of the Earth Europe, focuses on the prospects for fracking in 11 countries in Africa, Asia, North...
William Walter (Bill) Kay
[Pending further investigation.]
William Walter (or Bill) Kay is the manager of ecofascism.com, a website which describes its purpose as to “expose both the similarities between environmentalism and fascism and the connections between environmentalism and modern fascistic, or arch-conservative, individuals and groups.” The website appears to focus on issues affecting Alberta and BC, Canada. 
Stance on Climate Change
“[I]t is impossible to determine how much, if any, appreciable warming can be attributed to fossil fuel burning because the current warming trend began prior to any possible influence from the Industrial Revolution. […] there is a direct relationship between increases in the sun's heat output and the temperature here on Earth. […] Human activity has nothing to do with this relationship. […] Hence, many scientists argue that increasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere are a consequence of “global warming” rather than a cause.”
“What is completely established science is that high levels of CO2 facilitate increased plant growth and, hence, increased animal life as well. CO2 is plant food. CO2 emissions are 'fertilizer in the air'. In fact, some believe that this accelerated plant growth will ultimately suck up any surplus CO2 from the atmosphere, thus neutralizing any conceivable adverse climatic effects of human-caused CO2 emissions. Moreover, warmer temperatures also facilitate plant growth. All along the great belt of land stretching across the middle of the Eurasian and North American continents, where most of the planet's agricultural activity takes place, the great nemesis has always been Jack Frost. And as the planet warms, the frost-free period widens and harvests increase. This too, is a good thing, not a bad thing.” 
“Alberta is a cold place blessed with huge coal, oil, and gas resources. Regarding 'global warming,' Albertans are inordinately skeptical. Despite this, the Government of Alberta is so concerned with 'global warming' it spends $500 million a year assailing this phantom menace. […] Environmentalists claim wilderness parks preserve Alberta’s 'natural heritage.' In reality, Alberta’s environment has undergone so many natural transformations that any talk of preservation betrays an ahistorical, unscientific mindset.” 
“Environmentalists' irrational love of vacant ground, their religious zeal for the ecology integrity of wilderness, and their infatuation with petite heritage farms on cities’ outskirts play crucial roles in this crusade to suppress land development.” 
William Kay publishes regular articles on Ecofascism.com, none of which have received any form of peer review, and most of which do not appear to be published elsewhere. For example, some of his more recent articles (arranged by year) include:
- “Of Buffalo and Biofuel - More Tales of Environmentalism in Alberta ” – According to this article, the idea that Alberta's wilderness parks and natural heritage deserve protection is a “unscientific mindset,” while global warming itself is a “phantom menace.”
- “The War on Coal” – claims that “Coal burning presents no more of an environmental hazard than does the drying up and blowing away of the golden leaves of autumn.”
- “In Praise of the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act (Bill C-38)” – Praises the harper government's Bill C-38, a bill which repeals the Kyoto Protocol Implementation Act, overhauls the Fisheries Act so it no longer protects all bodies of water, as well as a number of other changes.
- “Environmentalism and Edmonton Land Use Politics” – a set of five articles which “how environmentalism catastrophically spiked land development in one city, Edmonton.”
- “The 'Tar Sands' Campaign and the Suppression of North America's Energy Potential” – Claims that “Environmentalism is attacking Alberta’s oil sands industry” with campaign that supposedly “involves hundreds of environmental groups animated with millions of dollars from a few dozen foundations, corporations, and government agencies.”
- “Desertec and Environmentalism's North African Campaign” – Criticizes the implementation of solar energy plants in North Africa.
- “The Environmental Movement in Alberta” – explains how, according to Kay, “Alberta is occupied by an environmentalist army.”
Kay, William [email protected]
Vancouver, BC v1a 1a1
Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 17-Oct-2012.
Record expires on 15-Oct-2013.
Record created on 15-Oct-2001.
The website publishes regular articles and reviews equating the environmental movement with fascism.
Kay authored an article titled “The Great Global Warming Hoax” on ecofascism.com. The article describes global warming as an “eco-scare” among others including “overpopulation, energy crises, global cooling, ozone holes, desertification, deforestation, pesticide degradation, [and] topsoil depletion.”
According to Kay, “Fighting for the truth about 'global warming' is fighting for the overthrow of these liars [climate scientists and environmentalists] and the property regime upon which their power is based.”
Environmentalism is Fascism (ecofascism.com) — Contributor and manager.
According to a search of Google Scholar, William Walter Kay's articles do not appear in peer-reviewed journals, although they do appear on another anti-environmentalist website (wendellkrossa.com). Apart from his publications at Ecofascism.com, William Kay has been a contributor to a number of conservative publications. For example:
- “Environmentalism in Alberta’s Universities,” Canada Free Press, August 18, 2010.
- “William W Kay: Conservation Refugees,” JunkScience.com, March 30, 2012.
- “WILLIAM WALTER KAY: ECOFASCISM REVISITED,” The Global Warming Policy Foundation, December 21, 2012.
“Welcome to the Environmentalism is Fascism website,” Environmentalism is Fascism. Accessed January 23, 2012.
“The Great Global Warming Hoax,” Environmentalism is Fascism, 2000.
William Walter Kay. “Of Buffalo and Biofuel - More Tales of Environmentalism in Alberta,” Environmentalism is Fascism.
“Environmentalism and Edmonton Land Use Politics,” Environmentalism is Fascism.
“WHOIS Results for ecofascism.com,” Network Solutions. Accessed January 23, 2013.