- Professor of Architecture at the University of Houston. 
- AIAA, ASCE. Registered Architect and urban planner. 
- Master of Fine Arts, University of Illinois. 
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Illinois. 
Bell is the author of Climate of Corruption: Politics and Power Behind the Global Warming Hoax. In an Accuracy in Media interview, Bell described how he started on his book shortly after meeting Fred Singer. His book talks about how “politics is responsible for the global warming hoax.” 
Stance on Climate Change
Larry Bell recounts a discussion he had with a woman on a flight from Houston:
“Satellite temperature records which have been available only since 1979 show that other than naturally-occurring 1998 and 2015 El Nino temperature spikes, no statistically significant global warming has occurred for nearly two decades. On the other hand, satellite imagery shows that the plant-fertilizing CO2 'pollution' you referred to has increased global greening by 25 to 50 percent since then … lots more veggies for all God’s creatures.” 
“Regarding climate science there is at least one certainty: There is absolutely no reason to believe that Earth is any warmer now than it was during past periods when life flourished—times when agriculture was abundant, pyramids and cities were built, and world citizens became connected in trade and culture.” 
Quoting records from U.S. surface temperature records “not corrupted by local 'heat island' influences” (presumably referring to data from Anthony Watts's Heartland-Institute-funded Surface Stations Project): , 
“U.S. surface records […] show no significant warming over the past 80 years. There have been more all-time U.S. cold records than heat records since the 1940s.” 
“Yet while fully crediting Schneiderman, fellow attorneys general, the Rockefellers and other climate crusaders for saving the planet from fossil-fired Armageddon, perhaps we might also cut ExxonMobil some slack for not giving the matter full attention.” 
“Facts, as they say, are facts. On the other hand, untrue representations presented as facts are either uninformed, intentionally disingenuous, or a combination of the two. Secretary of State Kerry’s statements attacking those who challenge the existence of a human-caused climate crisis likely fall into the third category.” 
“I never really call myself a 'scientist.' I’m certainly a researcher, and I certainly write a lot of technical stuff, but, as I make very clear in the preface of my book, I'm not a climate scientist, and I never played one in the movies… . .there’s probably some effect of human impact on everything in our environment. That doesn’t necessarily make it dangerous—and doesn’t even, necessarily, make it bad.” 
“And while global warming has been trumpeted as an epic climate change crisis with human-produced CO2, a trace atmospheric 'greenhouse gas' branded as a primary culprit and endangering 'pollutant', don’t be too sure about the veracity of those pitches. Throughout earlier periods of Earth’s history those levels have been many times higher than today, with temperature changes preceding — not following — atmospheric CO2 changes. It doesn’t require a degree in a climate science, or rocket science either for that matter, to understand these basic facts.” 
In response to concerns about nuclear power in the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan:
”[…] Nor should its advancement be held captive any longer by unfounded alarmism, special interest politics, and ideologically driven regulatory interference that have paralyzed U.S. development over the past three decades. It’s time to move on, and let proven natural selection processes inherent in free enterprise energize America’s future.” 
“The central lie is that we are experiencing a known human-caused climate crisis, a claim based on speculative theories, contrived data and totally unproven modeling predictions. And the evidence? Much is revealed by politically corrupted processes and agenda-driven report conclusions rendered by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which are trumpeted in the media as authoritative gospel.” 
June 5, 2017
Following President Donald Trump's official announcement that the U.S. would exit from the Paris Climate Accord, Larry Bell wrote an article congratulating Trump on the decision, while criticizing Fox News Channel anchor Chris Wallace for being of an “ ideologically alarmist mind-set.” 
“Sadly, I had hoped that Chris Wallace might at least finally give the president some credit for standing firm for economic and environmental sanity,” Bell wrote.
We should be grateful that Trump refused to be trampled by stampeding Paris lemmings.” 
February 23, 2017
Larry Bell was a signatory of a petition (PDF) organized by Richard Lindzen of the Cato Institute urging President Donald Trump to pull the United States out of the United Nations international convention on climate change (UNFCCC). 
“In just a few weeks, more than 300 eminent scientists and other qualified individuals from around the world have signed the petition below,” Lindzen wrote in the letter. 
DeSmog investigated the list, and found that only a small handful of the signatories could be considered “even remotely ‘qualified’ or ‘eminent’ — but not in the field of climate science.” The list included individuals “interested in climate,” and one signatory who only identified as an “emailer who wished to sign the petition” while some signers provided no affiliation or address whatsoever. 
June 20, 2016
Larry Bell writesin Newsmax that we should “cut ExxonMobil some slack for not giving the matter [of climate change] full attention.” Bell is writing with reference to the recent investigations by state attorneys general into how much ExxonMobil knew about climate change while it was denying it existence publicly and to shareholders. 
“Sure, they’ll probably try to confuse us with trick questions: Like why, apart from natural 1998 and 2015 El Nino spikes, satellites haven’t recorded any statistically significant global warming for nearly two decades; why sea levels have been rising at a constant rate of 7 inches per century without acceleration; and why no category 3-5 hurricanes have struck the U.S. coast since October 2005 — a record lull since 1900.
“But don’t trust your lyin’ eyes; continue to be assured that the science is settled. Global warming is an imminent threat, we’re causing it, and ExxonMobil, the evil profiteering culprit, should have told us.
Instead, they callously continued to produce oil and gas without informing investors and the public of dire climate change consequences.”
July 7 - 9, 2014
Larry Bell, ICCC9 (Panel 5): The One-Size Mythology that Fits Multiple Agendas
May 21 - 23, 2012
DeSmogBlog researched the co-sponsors behind Heartland's ICCC7 and found that they had collectively received over $67 million from ExxonMobil, the Koch Brothers and the conservative Scaife family foundations. 
Heartland's president Joe Bast revealed at the end of the conference that the Institute has no plans for future ICCCs. This could be in part due to the defections of corporate sponsors following Heartland's unsuccessful Unabomber billboard campaign and the unintended release of their confidential documents. , 
June 30-July 1, 2011
Larry Bell published Climate of Corruption: Politics and Power Behind the Global Warming Hoax. In an interview with Accuracy in Media (AIM) — see audio below — Bell noted that prominent climate change denier Fred Singer had been influential in his writing the book. 
- Sasakawa International Center for Space Architecture (SICSA) — Founder and director. 
- Forbes — Contributor. 
SICSA describes its central mission as being “to plan and implement programs that will advance peaceful and beneficial uses of space and space technology on Earth and beyond.” SISCA is funded by the Sasakawa Foundation which was founded by Ryoichi Sasakawa, “rightist and gambling figure” who was “the last living member of a group accused after World War II of the most serious war crimes.” The foundation is chaired by Sasakawa's son. , 
Larry Bell is a prolific blogger at Newsmax, where he publishes regular articles on global warming skepticism. Below are some recent examples:
- Is Climate Change Elevating Coastal Flooding Risk?
- Climate Alarmism Is Not 'Sexy'
- GE Seeks 'Greener' Pastures in Coal
- John Kerry Targets Your Air Conditioner
- Hillary's Green Navy Sinks in Red Ink
- A Short Politically Incorrect Climate Conversation
- White House Turns Up Heat on Climate Alarm
- GOP Energy and Climate Platform Is Well Constructed
- Climate Skeptics Face Senate Inquisition
- GOP Should Seek Fraud Charges Against Al Gore
- Brexit Borrows July 4th Significance
- Exxon Climate Attackers Target Conservative Voices
- Hype and Hypocrisy of Climate Attacks on Exxon
- American Oil Faces Powerful Foes
- Obama Legacy Will Be Power Blackouts
- Three Facts Prove Climate Alarm Is a Scam
- Billionaire's Club Funds Climate Crisis Propaganda
- Russia China Missiles Overcome All Defenses
- CO2 'Pollution' Is Greening the Planet
- Climate Alarm Skeptics Defend Constitutional Liberties
- Obama Targets Electric Grid for Power Grab
- Putin Shuts Down Nuclear Reduction
- Iran Escalating Tensions Despite Deal
- Alarmist Sea Level Data May Raise Flood Insurance
- Extremes White House Went to for Iran Deal
- Iran and NKorea Issue Nuclear Threats
- Don't Believe 'Hottest-Year' Hype
- Obama's War on Oil Strengthens Our Enemies
- Top Court Blocks Epic EPA Power Play
- Long Cold Spell Dooms Climate Agenda
- Stats Tampering Puts NOAA in Hot Water
- Censorship Won't Win Climate Debate
- Obama's State of Confusion Address on Climate
- 2016 Will Influence Climate Debate Outcome
- Desperate Climate Alarmists Attack Skeptics
- Obama: Climate and ISIS Now Contained
- Obama's Climate War Ignores Real Threat From Terror
- ISIS Not the Greatest Threat for Obama
- 'Martin Act' Targets ExxonMobil for Phony Climate Alarm
- Data Tweaking Heats Up Climate Hype
- Thank a Cow for Cooling the Planet
- EPA Fights for Control of Farm Ponds
- We Need Protection From the EPA
- Global Temp Records Run Hot and Cold
- Cruz Chills Clueless Sierra Club With Climate Facts
- Crony Collusion Fuels White House Clean Power Scam
- Pope's Faulty Climate Message Based on Global Socialism
- Windmills and Sunbeams Won't Keep the Lights On
- Renewable Energy Claims Are Unsustainable
- Climate Alarm Industry Is Scientifically Bankrupt
- EPA's Green Attack on Red States
- Will an Independent Trump Split the GOP?
- Dirty Facts Behind Obama's Clean Power Plan
- Wind Subsidies Cost Taxpayers Big
- Consumers Will Pay Big for Obama's Alternative Energy Push
- Iran Deal Includes Weapons Buildup
- Iran Deal Poses Bigger Threat to US Than to Israel
- EPA Targets Airline Industry
- EPA Ruled by Cherry-Picking Junk Science
- Climate Alarmism Helps Republicans
- EPA Analyst Exposes Climate Science Takeover
- Climate Doom Awards Profits and Prophets
- Big Oil Lays Low on Climate Debate
- Pope's Climate Position Will Hurt Poor Countries
- Forget Climate War and Focus on ISIS
- Powerful Anti-fossil Energy Lobbies Target Students
- Energy Security Must Include Reliable Power
- EPA Blames Global Warming for Asthma
- EPA's Mercury Rule Statistics Smell Fishy
- Clean Power Plan Justification Is Hot Air
- Solar Panel Companies Deceive Homeowners
- Change Your Diet to Prevent Climate Change?
- EPA Head Dumfounded by Climate Analysis
- Chilling Climate Change at New York Times
- New York Times Targeting of Climate Alarm Skeptic Misfires
- World Economy Transformation Tops UN Climate Agenda
- Record Keepers Cooked Global Temp Books
- CO2 Deserves Gratitude, Not Disdain
- EPA Email Shows Desperate Climate Change Agenda
- Get NASA Out of Climate Alarm Business
- Supreme Court Could Alter Obamacare, EPA
- EPA Uses Junk Science to Wage War on Coal
- New EPA Regs Could Shutter Businesses
- Free Market Fuels the American Dream
- Special Interests Influence Costly EPA Regs
- Power Grids Hit Hard by Cooling Crisis
- Taxpayers Hit With Solar Energy Bailout
The Climate of Corruption website offers this introduction: “Melting glaciers, suffering polar bears, rising oceans- these are just a few of the climate change crisis myths debunked by noted aerospace expert Larry Bell in this explosive new book. With meticulous research, Bell deflates these and other climate misconceptions with perceptive analysis, humor, and the most recent scientific data.”
- “Hot Sensations Vs. Cold Facts” Forbes.com.
In this article Bell quotes Christopher Landsea in an attempt to prove that there is no connection between extreme weather and global warming.
Bell's article was debunked by scientists at RealClimate.org, and critiqued by Think Progress. , 
In a response to the debunking, Bell quoted Nir Shaviv, another climate change skeptic. Shaviv claims that “The aim of RealClimate.org is not to engage in sincere scientific debate. Bell responded to RealClimate by posting an open letter on the Climate Depot website in which he contends that he has “provided an extensive and highly nuanced accounting of facts supporting that article and broader perspectives on the matter.” 
“Guidance, Navigation, and Control Technical Committee 'Lunch and Learn'” (.doc), American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, June 18, 2003. Archived February 16, 2015.
Elena Watts. “Aerospace Engineering Curriculum Launches To New Heights,” University of Houston: Cullen College of Engineering, May 1, 2015. Archived September 26, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/7NFOA
Google Scholar search for articles containing 'Climate', 'climate change', or 'global warming' authored by Larry Bell. Last performed September 26, 2016.
Larry Bell. “A Short Politically Incorrect Climate Conversation,” Newsmax, August 8, 2016. Archived September 26, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/Vb5I7
Climate of Corruption: Politics and Power Behind the Global Warming Hoax. Greenleaf Book Group Press, January 2011.
Brad Johnson. “CONFIRMED: Anti-Science Blogger Admits Heartland Institute’s ‘Special Project’ To Distort Temperature Data,” ThinkProgress, February 15, 2012. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/uQAQw
Ben Jervey. “State Investigations Into What Exxon Knew Double, and Exxon Gets Defensive,” DeSmog, April 1, 2016.
Larry Bell. “Let's Be Very Clear Mr. Kerry: No Scientific Evidence Of 'Dangerous' Human Climate Influence Exists,” Forbes, February 24, 2014.
“Breaking News: The Climate Actually Changes!” Forbes. May 3, 2011.
”Aftershocks: Nuclear Energy Fallout From Japan.” Reposted by Texas Tea Party Patriots PAC, March 22, 2011. Archived May 15, 2011.
“The Climate Crisis Hoax,” Forbes.com. Jan 5, 2011.
Larry Bell. “Hype and Hypocrisy of Climate Attacks on Exxon,” Newsmax, June 20, 2016. Archived June 23, 2016.
“Return of Climate Denial-a-Palooza: Heartland Institute Hitches Anti-Science Wagon to Vegas FreedomFest,” Desmog, July 7, 2014. Archived July 14, 2014.
Brendan DeMelle. “Return of Climate Denial-a-Palooza: Heartland Institute Hitches Anti-Science Wagon to Vegas FreedomFest,” Desmog, July 7, 2014.
“Larry Bell, ICCC7,” International Conferences on Climate Change. Archived .mp4 on file at Desmog.
Brendan DeMelle. “Heartland Denial-a-Palooza Sponsors Have Received $67 Million From ExxonMobil, Koch and Scaife Foundations,” Desmog, May 22, 2012.
Brendan DeMelle. “Will Heartland Institute's Corporate Funders Tacitly Endorse Comparing Climate Realists to bin Laden and the Unabomber?” Desmog, May 4, 2012.
Brendan DeMelle. “Heartland Institute Exposed: Internal Documents Unmask Heart of Climate Denial Machine,” Desmog, February 14, 2012.
“Larry Bell,” International Conferences on Climate Change. Archived .mp4 on file at Desmog.
“About,” Co2Coalition. Archived September 4, 2015.
“Ryoichi Sasakawa, 96, Rightist And Gambling Figure in Japan,” The New York Times, July 20, 1995. Archived September 26, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/OXvQn
Jade Lindgaard. “When the past came back to haunt the Sasakawa Foundation,” Mediapart, November 11, 2010. Archived September 26, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/1aIUl
Google Scholar search for articles containing 'Climate', 'climate change', or 'global warming' authored by Larry Bell. Last performed September 26, 2016.
“Forbes' rich list of nonsense,” RealClimate, January 6, 2011.
Marc Morano. “Prof. Larry Bell of Forbes, fires back at RealClimate.org for their ‘desperate hit and run tactics’ against skeptics,” Climate Depot, February 3, 2011. Archived September 26, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/BXUhg
“PETITION” (PDF), February 23, 2017. Richard Lindzen. PDF Archived at DeSmog.
Graham Readfearn. “Climate Science Denier Richard Lindzen's List of 300 “Scientists” Sent to Trump Is the Usual Parade of Non-Experts,” DeSmog, February 27, 2017.
Larry Bell. “Fox News Takes Misguided Left Turn at Paris Climate Exit,” NewsMax, June 5, 2017. Archived June 19, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/DtUTM